Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Our client is the leader in the Semiconductor Foundry industry. The company produces the chips that are found in smart phones, tablets, computers, smart TVs, cars, laptops, games consoles, and many more products. The European market is served out of the office in Amsterdam by an enthusiastic multi-cultural team of account managers, marketing, technology, Design, EDA, IP and business support specialists. Due to the expanding business in Europe we are urgently looking for a Field Technical Support Engineer.
Job description / tasks and responsibilities
He/She will report to the Senior Director of Field Technical Support in Europe and will perform the following tasks, based out of our Amsterdam office:
- Work closely with growing European Customers to understand and support their technical needs on Logic and MS/RF and other Specialty technologies ranging from 0.25um to 5nm.
- Interface with our Business Development, Fab, Design & Customer Support teams in Taiwan to define and support current and new platform solutions for Logic, MS/RF and/or HV processes;
- Work with our Account Management team to engage and support projects Worldwide;
- Support the customer with their Design Ecosystems needs through provision and support of Libraries, IPs, PDKs and customization and consultation services.
- Troubleshoot, provide and project manage technical solutions to customers to enable their planned tape-outs to occur on time and to achieve first time silicon success;
- Promote TSMC’s technical solutions and services;
- Travel to customers’ site in Europe, US, Asia, and to the HQ in Taiwan.
The successful candidate will have:
- A BSc. or Master’s Degree in Electronic Engineering or related subject;
- Experience profile: in design and/or design methodology using CMOS based technologies. Within the team we can accommodate people with 5-10 years of experience;
- A good understanding of Logic, MS/RF, HV or eFlash technology and the use of EDA tools & PDKs;
- Familiarity with using and supporting Digital Libraries, IPs and design tools;
- Ability to manage complex projects involving cross functional teams, to thrive in a multi-tasking environment and to set priorities.
- Written and oral fluency in English is essential.
- Oral fluency in a second European Language or Mandarin would be a benefit.
- Customer facing and/or supporting experience.
Please contact Anton van Rossum, M:+31-6-53-306-309 or firstname.lastname@example.org.