Functional safety is changing the way hardware components are being developed to comply with ISO safety standards. As Functional Safety engineer, you will guide and support the mixed-signal IC design team when developing safety critical hardware components for the automotive market.
You will support the different design teams with:
- The definition of the safety requirement assumptions for standard IC products (ASSP).
- The understanding of the safety concept, received from the customer for customized IC products (ASIC)
- Supporting the safety analysis: hardware-software interface document, FMEDA, dependent failure analysis, fault tree analysis, …
- The interface with the customer to explain the results of the different work products – Providing inputs to improve the functional safety development flow to be compliant with the ISO standard
- Supporting the development of internal tools and templates to ease the safety analysis and to help prevent systematic failures
- Evaluating the use of external tools that can help improve the design cycle time
- Preparing and providing functional safety trainings as well as presentations inside and outside the company
Our preferred Functional Safety Engineer has a Master’s degree or PhD, preferably in Electronics, with 5+ years of experience in analog/mixed-signal IC design.
Good knowledge in ISO 26262 and/or functional safety analysis is a plus.
It is important for the candidate to have strong organizational skills and to feel comfortable communicating in written and spoken English.
Please contact Anton van Rossum on +31-6-53-306-309 or email@example.com.